Microsoft: Security Alert – Update Required for all Windows versions
Microsoft identified a security issue that affects all versions of Windows and have expedited a resolution for supported versions of Windows that will automatically be applied to most devices.
To minimize or avoid impacts of this situation, Microsoft highly recommends that clients take immediate action. The update is available on all release channels including Windows Update, Microsoft Update Catalog and Windows Server Update Services (WSUS). For instructions on how to Check for updates on consumer devices and non-managed business devices, please see Update Windows 10.
- Windows 10, version 21H1 (KB5004945)
- Windows 10, version 20H1 (KB5004945)
- Windows 10, version 2004 (KB5004945)
- Windows 10, version 1909 (KB5004946)
- Windows 10, version 1809 and Windows Server 2019 (KB5004947)
- Windows 10, version 1607 and Windows Server 2016 (KB5004948)
- Windows 10, version 1507 (KB5004950)
- Windows Server 2012 (Monthly Rollup KB5004956 / Security only KB5004960)
- Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 (Monthly Rollup KB5004954 / Security only KB5004958)
- Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (Monthly Rollup KB5004953 / Security only KB5004951)
- Windows Server 2008 SP2 (Monthly Rollup KB5004955 / Security only KB5004959)
notes associated with these updates might publish with a delay of up to
an hour after the updates are available for download.
We at Synergy Advisors are committed to working with clients through this issue so please let us know if you need help ASAP.